Total Pageviews

Monday 24 February 2020

Todber teams of five

Rnd three and my turn on homeground, not to far to travel as me and Judith stayed just outside of Gillingham in a lodge from Friday to monday, so only a ten minute drive to the fishery. My turn to draw and I put myself on 77, was told it can be ok but chances are I would be a spectator looking at peg 90 catching all day,
Most people set up a pole but it wasn't used as the gale never abated for the duration of the match, so it was a day in the lead then, maggot had been doing the business recently so I based my attack around that then, (wrong) most people around me started on the bread, and caught on it, me I threw out a feeder with micros and maggot in, (wrong again), I was behind from the start and never really looked to be catching up, so bread it was then, shame I never had any , Callum dicks on my left caught fairly quickly and well , John Moody on 90 again was catching well and more quickly than most, and the anglers on the opposite side of the island were also getting regular fish, oh well.another one to chalk up to experienced, ended up with just over 50lb, last bit one in the section, John won our section with 96lb and Callum dicks and mat skymes were joint second with 92lb, so miles.off the pace to be fair, bad angling and poss poor preparation methinks, can't blame the wind like some did , all my fault, but the wind was bad 😂😅😂😆. Top on the day was Craig edmunds on peg 7 whitepost with 185lb, well done matey, and there were five more weights over 100lb with loads of really good back up weights, it fished really well, and some fished really badly , there's always next week I suppose.
All change tomorrow, start a new career at premier angling down by the marina in keynsham, really looking forward to it, so pop along for a chat , I will be working with Nick and Kieran, nice guys who know how to look after the customers, and no fighting my way through bristols crappy travel problems, only 10 to 15 minutes from home , can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment