Total Pageviews

Saturday 29 February 2020

Plantation lake silvers match

Back to this lovely silver fish lake this Thursday again, a stop in the bridge in yatton for breakfast, again very nice so 4.65, then down to the lake to sort pegs, only 16 fishing today so we all had a bit of room, last match is in a fortnight and I will have a couple of spaces so message me or ring me in premier angling in keynsham to book a space.
I got the draw sorted and had the last one in the hat and ended up on permanent peg 5, a good area and peg so no complaints,
Still a bit of a mudbath, but where isnt, for company I had Paul faiers on my right, (£1 bet struck with him, and he suggested it ), and Chris ollis on my left. Keeping it simple today, 5 and 11 mtrs, a double bulk 4x14 rig and 4x12 spread shot rig, at the start I cupped in one ball of groundbait at 5 mtrs, and three at 11 mtrs, all with a fair few casters in, starting short I soon had a nice hybrid in the net, followed by a few roach, but the swim bird fairly quickly there, so I kept feeding caster there but went into the long line, it took a while to start catching, Paul to my right was catching some better skimmers, as was Dave wride to his right, I was getting some skimmers, but 6 to 12 oz in the main,  but plenty of bites with roach also, going into the second half of the match I was behind the two anglers to my right,  it as there swims died mine got a bit stronger, with a couple of better skimmers and some nice roach, I regularly topped up the two lines and began feeding some caster via a catty on the longer line, as well as throwing some into the shorter line, the only angler I could see doing really well was dave.willmott over on 28 , who was doing his normal and feeding a couple of longer lines with caster only, I new I had done ok at the end , but I never a clue as to what I had, but the lake fished really well again, Paul had an ounce under 25lb, so a good day,
Then it was my turn, and I was.surprised when the scales needle went doing to just over 35lb, my steady last couple of hours swung it for me on this side of the lake,

and I stayed in front until we got round to save willmott who had over 38lb, well done matey.
Yet again this prolific lake didn't dissapoint, with several more 20lb plus weights as the weigh sheet below shows, and the sun shine all day, makes a change.
Back to viaduct this weekend for the last of the winter league,s, my turn on Cary hope for a nice carp peg.

No comments:

Post a Comment