Total Pageviews

Tuesday 29 March 2016

Acorn Tuesday costcutter

Not a bad turnout with 14 in attendance, and as far as peg preference I didn't mind as the bridge fliers had become difficult, into the draw and out comes ping pong 2 on the island, second weight came off it yesterday to the tune of 80+ pounds , hopefully there would still be a few hanging around.
Wasn't expecting to much rain today but with odd heavy showers expected I put the Brolly up to keep my kit dry, bait today was hard 4 and 6mm pellet and maggots, I set up rigs for pellet across and a maggot rig for over the same line, a maggot rig for down the middle, and a maggot rig to fish to the empty pallets each side.
I started on maggot down the middle but 30 minutes later and not a bite I was reaching for the far side pellet rig, straight in with banded 6mm  and a couple of quick carp were soon netted, then I lost a fouler and then nothing, in fact the next couple of hours  were very quiet, I did have a couple more fish but the swim appeared to be devoid , in fact the only people catching were Brian slipper on 6 and Derek "degsy"williams on 9, everyone else was finding it hard.
Most people found it hard till about 2 hours from the end when people started to get a few, I had some from each side margin and some across on pellet , but the last hour was bad for me as I never had a fish during that period, very strange when I could see other people still catching, top 6 listed below , well done to Dr gay on winning from peg 9 with 72.12 , possibly the most weather affected swim on the lake today.

No comments:

Post a Comment