Total Pageviews

Thursday 24 March 2016

Windmill silver league rnd 7

This is the penultimate round for this league, and I needed a section win to stay in with a chance, I was on the same points John barker who is in my section, and Steve Dawson, luckily I was on top on weight.
Into the draw and out comes peg 26, I drew this earlier in the series and weighed 14lb so I was confident of a few , same rigs as last time on the peg, a 1g as5  and a .4g for the inside, at the start I cupped in 3 good size balls of groundbait at 9 mtrs 1o,clock angle with caster, 2 at 10 o'clock with soaked micros and another at 5 mtrs in front again with caster in, and started loosefeeding some casters to my right in about 4 foot of water, to be honest that inside caster line was a waste of time today as it only produced a few small roach.
without wasting to much time the 2 9mtr lines were the most productive with three better skimmers , a small tench and plenty of small plippy roach and bottletop skimmers, so I ended the match with 11.5 for first on the day much more importantly a section win, so with John and Steve both coming second in there sections it means I am going into th a last round with a one point lead,
Complete weigh sheet below
Oh and I nearly forgot to mention we had a no show today , and it was in my section, and the empty peg was to my left, it may of helped but I'm not convinced it makes to much difference on this type of match, but others may say otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment