Total Pageviews

Sunday 27 March 2016

Landsend league rnd 5

Before I get onto the fishing , I went to my old mates Steve Robinson's 60th birthday party on Saturday night, we travelled everywhere 30 years ago to matches in the southwest, and we always had a proper laugh, so the picture below is a Selfy of me and Steve, I now a lot of you will remember him as he was as daft as a brush.
As you can see we ain't changed a bit.
Back to today and its my turn on the match lake, after a nice breakfast at the fishery it was into the draw tin and out comes 22, a nice peg with plenty of options an island in front and the end of the island reachable with 16 mtrs,
 empty swims each side so pallets to fish to, for company I had the world's tallest man , Jason Radford on 24 , and the silver's legend, John "the gimp" Bradford on 20, pictured below looking for his flask of complan.

I pushed the boat out today and assembled 4 rigs, a couple for meat, one that would do for 6 and 13 mtrs, a couple for banded pellet, one against the island and another for in the slightly deeper water off the end of the island , and a meat rig for the empty pallets, it was  an interesting match really, I had 3 decent carp in the first hour on meat at 13 mtrs and lost a fouler, and that was the end of the action off that line, I did try further across atn14 mtrs but that was barren, the far side swims produced the bulk of my fish on banded pellet , with the tight to the island rig being the best, the 6 mtr line produced one bite.and that was from a 2lb skimmer, likewise the margins only produced one bite and that was from a 6lb carp, I ended up with 14 carp and a few silver's, I thought Adrian Clark over on peg 1 had beaten me. But although he had 5 more carp than me he did have a few smaller ones , so it could be tight, he was first to weigh and plonked 66lb on the scales, I wasn't overly confident of having that, moving round the lake with the scales, it was good to see league organiser Ken rayner win the silver's from peg 7 with 41.10 of skimmers, fi,s perch and roach.
Top weight on the lake went to Andy hembrow on peg 16 (again)
With 90.15 he's on lake 3 next week, I don't know how his trolley is going to handle the walk down there as it will be going into uncharted territory. My fish went 74.7 for a section win and second on the lake
Top overall weight on the day went to Paul elmes on 29 with 105.6
2nd Andy hembrow on 16 with 90.15
3rd was Tom cruise body double Pete nurse on 34 with 90.9
4th Nick chedzoy on 51 with 84.9
5th Glen Calvert on 32 with 82.3
6th Craig Edmunds on 66 with 79.13
Well that was a nice tight frame really.
Fishing this week, probably acorn on Tuesday, harescombe on Thursday and back to Landsend on Sunday for the final match in this league.

No comments:

Post a Comment