Total Pageviews

Thursday 3 March 2016

Windmill silver series rnd5, windmill fishery

After a tasty breakfast in Dave hodgson,s daughter and wife's place on the Bridlington trading estate , it was time to do battle with the Bristol ring road to get to westerliegh and the fishery, no frost today but we had rain hail and snow on Wednesday, so the water was probably colder than last week after a frost.
It was back to a random draw today to establish to establish your rotation around the sections and partners for the rest of the series.
Into the draw and out comes peg 7, happy with that as I was on 6 last time and had 11lb and had a nice day, for company on 6 I had Pete Turner on 6, and so far he is winning the series on 4 section wins so the man to beat.
Not sure if John is having a crafty kip or not, he has probably missed his morning map, and matron can't find him now to wake him up.
My peg all ready to go, trying to keep my kit out of the mud, I looked round and found a couple of old staggers looking down on me , I think they were on the lookout for the westerliegh whist drive.
Mike"silver Fox" Nicholls on the left and Pete greenslade who was a flowerpot angling club star from back in the 70,s and 80,s.
Rigs today were a .5g drennan as5 and a.4g same pattern, the bigger one was a bit of a double bulk rig whereas the lighter one had a bit of a spread shot pattern to hopefully catch on the drop.
At the start I cupped in some groundbait at 5/11 and 13 mtrs and cupped in some soaked micros off to the left at 13 mtrs.
Not to much to say about the days sport really, suffice to say it was hard very hard, first put in a 3oz skimmer, next a 4lb carp, then up till 1pm I had small fish off all lines but there was no pattern to it, you would catch a couple then have to go somewhere else, I had my biggest counting fish on a single maggot over the micros, in the shape of a 12oz skimmer, but as far as I could tell my section was hard for all of us, 1till 2.15 I couldn't buy a bite anywhere apart from a couple of none counting carp, then towards the end the plippy whiteboard roach turned back up on all lines, plenty of bites but non weight , still at least something was going into the net, by the Ned I thought I may scrape 4lb  so was pleasantly surprised to weigh 5.3, .just enough for a section win over Mike laird on peg 5 who had a couple of better skimmers for 4.15.
First on the day went to Dave Wilmot on end peg 32 who had a tench and a crucian plus some small skimmers, before topping up on the whip shallow for the small roach for a 9.8 total
He is another blast from the past , the weigh sheet is below
Off to viaduct on Sunday, then I have booked in at harescombe for the Thursday costcutter

No comments:

Post a Comment