Total Pageviews

Saturday 21 May 2016

City rovers charity match, shiplate farm

Apologies for no photos today, it was to wet to get the phone out.
It was a 12 a side match and it was the last of a three match series, city won the first at duchess pond, rovers won the second at acorn fishery, so today was the decider, it must be said that rod Poole the rovers captain did enlist a few ringers in the shape of Shaun Townsend, Glen Bailey, Tim Ford and myself, but fishing can be cruel and difficult to predict, there was no money involved.in the match as all proceeds were going to charity, so it was just pride, into the draw and I ended up on west pool 14, not quite the end peg as that was 15, but hopefully I would draw a few up. For company I had my old travelling partner Pete sivell on 12 so no push over today as he knows the venue considerably better than me as he fishes quite often with the frys boys aswell as the opens.
Rigs today were 2 meat ones, one for 6 mtrs to the aerater and the other for the margin, and three pellet rigs , one for tight against the far side, one for about a mtr off, and the other a shallow slapping rig just in case.
I began on the mtr off rig on banded 8mm, feeding hard 6,s with a catty, so the overspray was feeding the far side aswell, I soon had my first carp within a few minutes, so a good start.
I soon was joined by another before the bites got silly and fouling became a problem, so I went in to the far side and had a few more, then it went tricky again, I tried the meat line by the aerater and had my one and only bite there , I managed one on the shallow rig but they being a bit to cagey for that today, so the rest of the match was spent swapping between all lines, taking odd fish from all, Pete had some fish aswell, but due to the bankside herbage I couldn't see him, so by the end it didn't want to say who had beaten the other, and knowing Pete of a old it never pays to believe what he says, just wait for the scales, as it turned out I beat him by 15lb in the end and I was also top weight on the day with 65.6
2nd Shaun Townsend on 14 main lake with 64.6
3rd Gary mealing on peg 11 with 60.10
4th Luke Cox with 54.10
5th Pete sivell with 51.7
6th Tim Ford with 50.9
Team wise rovers won the team event with 395lb to city's 175lb,
The main winner on the day was the charity which is better off to the tune of 1300 quid, so well done to rod Poole for organising the event,
Off to viaduct tomorrow for the 3rd round of the spring league series, should be good, after getting soaked through today I'm hoping for a dry day so I can get my kit dried out.

No comments:

Post a Comment