Total Pageviews

Sunday 8 May 2016

Viaduct spring league rnd 2

After another spot on breakfast cooked by Caroline at cafe Fox it was off to the fishery with Chris.
Full house again with 54 fishing so Campbell Cary and lodge in the mix. In early at the draw behind Mark poppleton, and we were pitted against each other in the k/o, he pulled out 2 tickets so I relieved him of one , he ended up on 102,  a peg I had on Thursday costcutter and struggled a bit, I opened my ticket and had 109 staring back at me , its tucked back in the corner of Cary right by the Carpark, a definite feast or famine peg, there are always some resident fish here, but the wind had been blowing into this corner for several days so I hoped some better fish had been blown in, but its a nice peg as its your own little lake to fish in and you get a good view looking up the lake.
I could have set up a wag and lead but didn't fancy that so it was a pole job today, so inset up a meat rig for 5 mtrs in front, and the same rig would do for down to the left, which was a proper snag pit with lots of branches and other vegetation to cause problems with hooked fish, so the meat rig was put on the acolyte carp pole , which seems to be high on unbreakable.

I set up a deep pellet rig for out by the tree in front at 16 mtrs, but I never had a bite there , so no more on that then, a shallow rig just in case , but again a non starter, and the other rig was for 16 mtrs off to the left against the bank in about 15 inches of water , set up to use banded 8mm over loose Fed 6,s,
On the whistle I Jed all lines with the relevant baits and began at 5mtrs on meat, first drop the float settled and went under, carp on, shame it was hooked in the tail and came off, then it got a bit better as I landed 6 fish in the next 40 mins , so off to a good start, but with this peg a good early start came be bad as the fish bigger off away from the commotion, and they did from that line as all I had from it during several attempts during the match resulted in one tench. So next it was down to my left in the snag pit, and in had several more from there, I was glad of the carp pole as in think anything else would have blown up, cos I had to pull like a bitch to drag them out from under the snags, I also landed several nice branches along the way aswell, some times I landed several branches all tied together with line ,and a few fish managed to transfer my hook to the branches , but I did get some nice fish up to 14lb.
After all the commotion it became a bit difficult down that edge , so I had to go along the left hand edge  where several more graced the net, I ended up with 19 carp ,which would be ok but with Gary o,Shea also having 19 carp it was between us two for the section, I admitted to 180lb but Gary thought he would have 190ish, good weights really but smiles off the pace today as Andy Crocker was top on the day with a very impressive 309.5, all caught short on the meat with some top ups down his edge .
2nd was Tony Gilbert on 53 with 296.2
3rd callum Craig on 135 with 256.12
4th Bob Giles on 112(again) with 247.13
5th Steve seager on 114 with 220.10
6th Gary o,Shea on 103 with 205.14
Gary won our section then but I was second with 182.12, which was actually 7th on the day, the weights were incredible with 31 weights over 100lb with 1 over 300 and 5 more over 200, there isn't another venue like it in the country, fairplay to Steve and his family for making it the fishery it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment