Total Pageviews

Monday 30 May 2016

Monday open, Landsend fishery

19 fishing today so Mike let us use the match lake and one bank of lake 3, so after one of di,s delicious breakfasts, I got the draw sorted, I wasn't worried where I drew , so I waited for the last ticket which turned out to be peg 11, after a couple of cartwheels around the Carpark I pushed the trolley down to the end of the lake, for company and the only person I could see was Ken rayner over on 13, also a good peg.
I set up several rigs, a couple for pellet on the island shelf and just off, another pellet rig for down to empty peg 12 , and the obligatory meat rig for 5 mtrs, we weren't to sure as to how it was going to fish as there was plenty of spawning activity.
At the start I fed all lines with the relevant baits, I started with the island shelf rig which was a drennan as4 .1g float , first drop and a carp was on its way to the net, I would like to say I had a difficult day, having to work hard for every fish, but I never picked up another rig all match as the carp kept coming to the banded 8mm pellet over 6,s, fed by catty. It was one of those days when not to much went wrong , I ended the match with 67 carp spread between 5 nets, opposite Ken found it a real struggle , it was that hard for him he packed up and left with about 90 mins to go, although he did say he didn't feel to good !!!!!!!
The picture above shows what a nice peg it is , no wonder its got the reputation as being one of the best pegs on the fishery.
I thought I may have between 250 and 275 as a lot of my fish were the smaller male fish, although I did get a few bigger fatter females, when the scales got to me I was pleased I wasn't over in any nets and I had a total of 294  for a fairly comfortable win,
2nd was trig Edmunds on 19 with 196.14
3rd was anton page who has come out of retirement and had 190.8 on peg 7
4th Tony (the swallow) witcomd on peg 55 with 174.1
5th Bob gullick on 42 with 166.5
6th Gary o,Shea on peg 18 with 144.6
In all there were 10 weights over 100lb, so it's fisheries head off really.
Silver's went to Steve seager on peg 16 with 25.12 of mainly good skimmers/bream
As for Ken rayner , the scalesman was a bit concerned when he wasn't at his peg at the end, he waited for him but he was nowhere to be seen.
WHAT NO KEN

No comments:

Post a Comment