Total Pageviews

Tuesday 24 May 2016

Tuesday costcutter acorn fishery

Travelled down with Chris Fox again today , and we got to the fishery to find 20 fishing, so a good amount , must be the weather. Even des shipp managed to get his passport stamped to get him out of yate.
The draw got underway and as I was holding the draw bag, Craig challingsworth drew mine and handed me 18, same peg as last week then, I had 86lb last week and came 4th ,so it would be nice to better that this week. Company wise I had glen"2 pots"Bailey on 15 and Gary "Ned" flinders on 21.
Rigs pretty much the same , a pellet rig for on top of the island shelf, and a deeper one for just  down the shelf , and the same rig would do for under empty peg 17. And a rig for caster in my margins , but I never had a bite down there after a couple of tries, so I won't mention that again, this won't be a long blog as I basically stayed on one rig for biggest part of the match and that was the shallow rig against the island , feeding hard 6,s and fishing an 8 in the band, I ended up with 30 decent carp , mostly against the island , but I did manage to mug a few and had 5 down by empty peg 17 in the last 45 mins , I reckoned on having about 110lb , but with des shipp on peg 11 admitting to 90lb , I new he would be likely to win as he always underestimates, "lies lol" his weights, but it was close for the top 3 with des just edging it with 120.14, catching a lot of his fish in the last hour on maggot over groundbait against the island
2nd Craig challingsworth on peg 5 with 119.15
3rd me.with 117.15
4th rich Heatley on 9 with 88.3
5th Chris Fox on 33 with 80.3
6th Alan oram on 36 with 74.3

No comments:

Post a Comment