Total Pageviews

Sunday 29 May 2016

Float only league rnd 1

Viaduct was the venue for the first match, and only a slight cock up as I missed someone's name from the list, so we had 41 fishing instead, LOL.
Got the draw underway, and I let Alex Nadine draw for me and he handed me peg 74 which is the first peg up the left hand sided of Cary, I got to the peg and was met with lots of fish on view but it was down to spawning and not feeding, but some fish are always happy to feed even during the most frenetic sexual activity, I must admit I tend to get a bit peckish, but that's another story.
For company I had Dan whites grand dad in the corner on 109 in the shape of Dave white, and Nick ewers on 76.
As its the narrow end of the lake I left the wag rods in the van, so I set up the pole , rigs were shallow and deep pellet rigs to fish at 14 mtrs out by the trees, a meat rig for 6 mtrs and a pellet rig for mainly down my right hand margin, which I must say is one of the best looking margins on the fishery, but it can be a bit drought with problems as its a bit of a parrot cage making it sometimes a bit awkward to extract the Cary lumps out of.
I started on the long pellet line out by the tree's, but I never had so much as a twitch, a quick look on the meat line just in case there was a mug fish, no such luck, by now Nick on my left was catching short down his margin amongst the spammers, also Dave was catching steadily. I tried the pellet rig down to the left by pallet 75, 1hour 15 in and I had a bite but the fish went under the pallet, and my line and elastic was doing a very passable cats cradle.
I had a go short down to my left and was finally rewarded with a nice carp, and in the next hour I had 3 more from the same spot.
But that was my lot from there, I went 14 mtrs down into the lions den, got plenty of indications from the sex crazed fish , but it was difficult to tell a liner from a proper bite, so losses were always going to happen, I did mug a couple in open water and I had one late on the meat line, I ended with 13 carp up to 15lb, ok in the end but I was properly beaten each side, I ended up with 129lb exactly, but on my right Dave white won on the day with 205lb, so well done to him, picture withdrew of his fish below.
2nd Nick ewers on 76 with 182.3
3rd Chris Fox on 135 with 181.7
4th Chris Davis on 130 with 165.1
5th Ken rayner on 94 with 161.5
6th Dan white on 123 with 144.12
Silver's
Paul Blake on 110 with 25lb
Mike Nicholls on 111 with 12.8
Considering lots of the carp were spawning it hasn't been to bad really, the next round is at Landsend fishery in 2 weeks time so the spawning will be well and truly finished with by then,
I'm running a match there tomorrow, and I still have a couple of spaces so ring or txt me on 07974807941 to book in, or turn up in the morning , as long as you are there before 9.15 I can put extra pegs in.

No comments:

Post a Comment