Total Pageviews

Tuesday 17 May 2016

Tuesday costcutter acorn fishery

16 fishing today so plenty of room for everyone, the draw was at 8.45 and I was quite early into the draw bag and out comes peg 18, not complaining as it can be a good swim and it has thrown up some decent weights in th a last couple of months, I was next to Dave wride who was on 15 , apologise to the angler on 21 , I didn't get his name,
No guesses for the first item out of the box today.
Ha ha ha .
Rigs today were a couple for on the deck over, one for down

the shelf in about 2 feet of water, the same rig would do for the empty pallets each side, the other over rig was for on top of the shelf in about 12 inches of water, and the last rig was a dibber for shallow in case any decided to come up. I was soon ready to go but still had 30 mins to kill , so a bit of a wander , and a chat with kev Jefferies on 34(yes Bob gullick, he was meant to be there), back to my peg with just enough time to put the nets in.
I began in the 2 foot deep swim across , and was soon netting my first carp, but apart from a couple of foulers and a few small pasties that was my lot for the first hour, a bit worrying , especially as I could see a few catching, Paul faiers on 23 seemed to be doing the best , but Alan oram over on 2 was sneaking a  few in, gabe skarba on 5 was doing ok but losing plenty.
I was having a proper grueller , after 3 hours I was up to 3 carp and a couple more mini carp, then I began to get a few across in the shallow water , all proper carp, not an f1 in sight, but in was loose feeding hard 6,s with an 8 in the band, not really conducive for f1,s, I caught odd fish right it the end with carp up to about 7lb, I ended up with 22 proper carp and a handful of mini,s.

22 on the clicker, 11 in each net so no cock ups today, I thought I may have 70lb , but it wouldn't be any good today,
1st on the day today was Alan oram on peg 2 with101.1 catching mainly down the track on soft pellet
2nd Lewis walker on 9 with 95.9
3rd gabe skarba on 5 with 90.9
4th me with 86.8, the fish in here are certainly getting bigger.
5th ziggy slowinski on 37 with 75.13
6th mat tomes on 27 with 74.10.
A close match where one or two fish would have made.all the difference.
Off to shiplate for there costcutter on Thursday, should be a nice bit of practice for the rovers v city match on Saturday, then round 3 of the viaduct spring league on Sunday,
Still got some spaces for the bank holiday Monday match at Landsend, ring or txt me on 07974807941 to book in.

No comments:

Post a Comment