Total Pageviews

Sunday 1 May 2016

Sunday Landsend open, sunday

After one of di,s delicious breakfasts I had a quick walk around the lakes , then went back to sort the pegs out and take the pools, 28 booked in or so I thought !!!!,,
I did the shout and got the draw underway, with only a few left to draw it became apparent that I had missed a name , I had taken the money but forgot to a name , so unable to get everyone back for a redraw, I decided to put the extra peg in, as it stood everyone had an empty swim on one side or an end bank to fish to, the only option I could see was to put 20 in, but that meant all  pegs between 18 and 22 would be in, it probably comes as no surprise that I ended up on the extra peg, which probably wouldn't help me , also it would make life a bit harder for Mike Nicholls who was on 21, and he had just lost the bonus of his empty peg, sorry Mike.
The other side of me on 19 was my favourite polish match angler, ziggy slowinski , who wanted a pound , so I duly obliged, even though I thought I may be giving it away.
I didn't set up to much in the way of rigs , a couple to fish pellet, one against the island , and the other to fish down the island slope a bit in 3 foot of water, and the other rig was to fish meat, 2 lines at 13 mtrs, 11 and 1 o'clock, and also at 6 mtrs,
At the start I began on the longer meat lines , but it was difficult, with no one at our end of the lake seemingly to be catching, I could see some splashing up my left in the vicinity of Tim Clark,
By the end of the first hour I had managed 1carp, a big die and an f1, so not really going to plan then, the island gave me a couple of carp and another big skimmer, so I tried down the shelf a bit and had a couple of f1,s 2 carp and 2 big skimmers before that died,  after that it became all but impossible to get a proper bite anywhere, ziggy had by now pulled ahead so the quid was looking dodgy, Mike the other side was having just as difficult time as me, there seemed to still be a lot of splashing up at the other end of the lake, my best spell was in the last 90 mins when there were  some fish on the short meat line , I ended up with 14 carp up to about 9lb and some more skimmers, for what I thought may go 70lb but I admitted to 60, it was going to be close between me and ziggy for the quid, but incessant expecting to pick up today.
It turned out to be a good close match, with Gary o,Shea coming out on top of the pile with 103.4 off peg 16, catching on meat fishing across tight to the island.
2nd Tom mangnal on peg 61 with 102lb
3rd Paul faiers on peg 70 with 90.14
4th Bob gullick on peg 41 with 87.8
5th Tim Clark on 15 with 85.5
6th Leon Hubbard on 13 with 83.15
7th was me with 83lb
Silver's
1st was the invisible man on peg 8 with 25.4, mainly skimmers and f1,s
2nd was me with 19.12
3rd Joe McMahon on peg 42 with 16.12
4th Martin Alexander on peg 66 with 15.11
All in all I good tight match.

No comments:

Post a Comment