Total Pageviews

Thursday 26 May 2016

Thursday costcutter, viaduct fishery

A good turnout with 34 booked in so Steve put 17 on Campbell and Cary, I fancied a peg on Campbell, but it wasn't to be as I pulled 102 , again, but plenty of room with my neighbours being on 100 and 105, last time on this peg I didn't catch on the wag so that stayed in the bag today,
4 rigs for the pole, 2 for the long pole , one shallow and one deep, a pellet rig to fish down by 103 and the normal meat rig for 5 mtrs.
There were one or two cruisers about so at the start I went out to 14 mtrs, and began feeding a few pellets and slapping the rig into the feed, it didn't take long to get my first carp, but it was a bit of a false dawn as it soon proved to be difficult, the odd cruisers I saw didn't respond to my normal stalking tactics, I did get a few more shallow but it was not really going to plan, there didn't seem to be enough fish at our end of the lake to make them compete shallow, Tom mangnal on 85 got off to a flying start fishing shallow, also Chris Cameron on 80 was catching steadily,
I had no problem getting some feeding fish in my peg, as it was fizzing well, but I was having a torrid time with foulers, if you fed it was fouled , and if you never fed you couldn't get any indications, when I did connect with a bite , it seemed to be anywhere but in the mouth, halfway through , I had to go up to the shop to get some dacron connectors after I had two ripped off, so that was 20 mins of my match gone then.
Our end of the lake was difficult, Chris on 80 caught well towards the end whereas Tom had a bit of a barren spell in the middle  so it was tough to call between them, I thought I ended the match with 10 carp including a good fish of 19.2
When the scales got to me Chris was top on the lake with 208.5, to Tom's 197.9, I miscounted again as my 10 carp turned out to be 8, I nearly threw the counter into the lake , but I will persevere with it, so I ended up with 75.8 for no where today,
Chris was first on the day with Tom coming second.
3rd was Gary flinders on 114 with 151.6
4th Scott Russell on 116 with 140.15
5th , Ray bass on 110 with 129lb
6th Joe McMahon on 130 with 122lb.
Silver's went to the gimp, John Bradford on 123 with 48.6 which included 9 tench, so he enjoyed himself.
Float only league on Sunday on Campbell and Cary, so that should be good.
Monday I am running a match on Landsend, 9.30 draw , so ring or txt me on 07974807941 to book in

No comments:

Post a Comment